Strictly Ballroom - The Dirt!

I made a few minor alterations to the muslin - how I love my Goodwill sheets for this! - before cutting into the "fashion" fabric. I can't say "fashion" with a straight face since seeing this:


Sexy mama, fashion girl...
OK, back on topic...

For some reason, the pattern for a 6 year old girl had bust darts. Which looked RIDONKULOUS. I mean, REALLY? SRSLY? Bust darts? for a little girl? So I had to ease the darts out. Miss Thing has a really defined waist and a narrow back, so I had to make basically turn the back into a princess seamed shape so it would fit properly. The shoulders were also a wee bit big, so those got moved a bit as well.

Other than that, it was a pretty straightforward process. I wanted sheer sleeves, but you try to match a 12 year old bolt of neon pink jersey knit to anything made nowadays. Right now, I've got some nylon chiffon on the line with some neon pink fabric paint that I sprayed on. Fingers are crossed that this works the way I want it to. It's a shot in the dark, but hey, I'm easy to please. If it looks close, I'm a happy lady. If not, no harm no foul.

No comments: