Taking the plunge

... and a true confession ...

In the New Year, I am going to learn a new skill. I've resisted this skill because in the past I've thought that it would be either boring or frustrating. Or both. What is this skill you might ask? Well maybe you don't care but I'm going to tell you ANYWAY. So there.

Quilting. I'm taking a quilting class. Quilting 101 to be precise. From the local fabric mega mart. At 50% off. PLUS a FREE rotary cutter. What's not to like about that?

I hope it's not a total waste. Why? Because I have ADD. And the thought of cutting up BIG pieces of fabric into LITTLER pieces of fabric JUST to make them into BIGGER pieces of fabric seems... counterintuitive somehow.

That and I hate hate hate sewing straight seams. And pressing them. I like "Dr. Seuss" seams. You know the ones. The ones with interesting curves and lines that take you places you never thought you'd go.
Source

No comments: