First Holy Communion Dress

So this is the year when my oldest daughter will make her First Holy Communion. [sigh] She's growing so fast. I can remember when... I'll stop before I turn into a maudlin mess.

I do believe that this dress and veil are most likely the most difficult project ever attemtpted. I'm terrified of expensive fabric. Purely terrified, I tell you. Before I cut into the dupioni silk and embroidered chiffon, I had to make a muslin. The story is over at Sew Retro. The finished muslin:



Here's a preview of the fabric for the actual dress:



I've pretty much finished the bodice and I'm about to get to work on the skirt. The dress is a Regency inspired item, although I've made a couple of modifications.
  • The sleeves are sheer
  • Added a silk waistband with fancy braid trim
  • Skirt is double layered with and embroidered chiffon overskirt
I'll edit this with the finished product later on today (most likely).

No comments: