I do believe that this dress and veil are most likely the most difficult project ever attemtpted. I'm terrified of expensive fabric. Purely terrified, I tell you. Before I cut into the dupioni silk and embroidered chiffon, I had to make a muslin. The story is over at Sew Retro. The finished muslin:
Here's a preview of the fabric for the actual dress:
I've pretty much finished the bodice and I'm about to get to work on the skirt. The dress is a Regency inspired item, although I've made a couple of modifications.
- The sleeves are sheer
- Added a silk waistband with fancy braid trim
- Skirt is double layered with and embroidered chiffon overskirt