A Sew Retro Posting

Click the link above to see my post over at Sew Retro on my most current sewing project.

You know how it is, right? You see something so perfect - so right and you know you Must Have It! It all started with Lanetz Living and the New York Pattern. And then I had to get the boy a haircut. And that's where I saw the hair bows. Wouldn't you know that I can't FIND the pink one? Anyway, here's a picture of the turquoise one:


I'm disappointed I can't find the pink one. Really. But I know it's around here somewhere.

I'm hoping to get these dresses done by Easter. I've only got 40 days of Lent to work on them... If I'm feeling REALLY adventurous, I'll make their "Melody" dolls (American Girl Clones) matching dresses. But don't count on it!

Thank God I have at least another year for the Elder Princess Ella's First Holy Communion dress. Because that? Oh my goodness. I've got an idea in mind, but it's going to be a LOT of work. I've got the fabric and some of the stuff to go on it, but I'm still not satisfied with the patterns I have. I want something *special* and unique and memorable and ... and ... well, HER. She's not the frilly, flouncy type. She's the stylish, sleek, modern type. Poufy sleeves and butt bows are not her style. Mei Mei (Little Sister aka the Younger Princess Ella) is more the froofy type.

No comments: