Arts 'n' Crafts for 2009

This year, I'm trying to make at least one new thing per month. Either for myself, the kids or to sell at Etsy. The idea is to make up all the fabric and yarn I currently have into something before bringing more into my tiny home. The other thing I'm trying to do is re-purpose things and recycle more.

Two projects that I've been working on so far in '09 are a fleece jacket for myself since I haven't had a jacket in about 6 years. With the record lows we've experienced lately, it was imperative I get something other than a long-sleeved t-shirt. So with my 40% off coupon in hand, I headed to JoAnn's and came home with a lovely fleece in ivory and two shades of green. Using McCall's 5252

I ended up with this

Originally it wasn't going to be lined, but the fleece turned out to be insufficient alone. It's lined with a nice organic cotton knit and features an MP3 player pocket on the left side.

My current project is a lacy tunic sweater by Patons Classics


I'm very pleased with the outcome thus far. I've been working on the body for a few days and I'm ready to begin the back. This is by far the most agressive crochet work I've ever done in my life. And I've only had to rip out a few rows and start over a few times. Here's the progress so far


As a side note, these photos were taken with a Nikon D70 in daylight and barely corrected in Photoshop.

No comments: